Changing the Air Filters on your DB9 is a pain in the ass. Swapping the filters themselves is easy (a 10 minute task), but there is a good deal of preparation work to tackle first. I’ve done posts and video’s on all the steps:
- Preparing a road wheel for removal
- Single point jacking of the car
- Putting the car on jack stands (optional since you can do one side at a time)
- Removing the front under tray (they say this is optional, but if you are in the middle of a full service you’ll have this off anyways)
- Removing the front inner wheel arch plastic fender liner (they say you can just remove a few screws and bend it back, but I’d rather remove it all).
Once you have access to the air box, it’s actually pretty simple. The only tools you’ll need are an 8mm 6-point socket and a 6″ extension and ratchet.